Thursday, June 17, 2010

Our Little Peanut is Here!

I've been promising photos to lots of people, and this might be the easiest way to get them to you along with the stats on our little munchkin.

Last Thursday night at about 1:30 am, two and a half weeks before the baby was due, my water broke! I had no other symptoms, no contractions that I noticed, no premonitions, nada. I was so shocked -- I know I was full term, but mentally I hadn't prepared myself at all to have her come early. I was expecting to have to blow right past my due date and agonize well into July. But no, the baby had other ideas. And once your water breaks, well, you know you'll be meeting that baby soon.

Mr. Right and I got ready, with me mostly running around in circles, and then we headed to the hospital at about 2 am. Here's us at the hospital. I was nervous, but I was so excited to meet our baby that I was just feeling very happy. Mr. Right was a big help through the contractions.

Because we knew the baby was probably still breech after many attempts to turn him or her around, we knew a cesarean birth was pretty likely. So they checked, and yes, the little boulder under my ribs was still the baby's head. So they set us up for the birth, and at 4:54, the docs delivered the baby. Mr. Right, upon my request, was the one to announce the baby's birth to me: "We have a little girl." Much crying and rejoicing ensued.

Mr. Right took some amazing photos of our newborn daughter. And these last few are of us finally settled into our hospital room and recovering. I know it's a cliche, but goodness I'm in love with this little girl. Of course I think she is the most amazing baby ever. We are all doing well and settling into our new life together. I have been bouncing back amazingly well to the degree that I can forget that I am still recovering, until it all catches up to me and then I have to go collapse. Will post more as we get caught up on our lives. I still am just stunned that she arrived so early, and so there was a lot of setting up to do when we brought her home. We love getting to know her, and we can't wait to introduce her to you!

















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you and your husband. Your life is just going to be that much richer with the arrival of your beautiful girl. I am so happy for you. Being a parent can be challenging but it is so worth it at the end of the day. I would not trade the hugs and kisses of my children for anything. You have no idea how excited I am so see that my childhood friend is a mommy!! Savor every moment because they sadly go by so very fast.
Becky Kopelic

K said...

I'm so happy for you that you are home getting to know your daughter AND that you do not have to spend any of these muggy summer days being pregnant-- what a gift! Just savor the minutes and hours staring at her while you both cool off in front of the air conditioning.

She's beautiful.

Kris W.