Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Watching Paint Dry: An Update

At this point, I'd be thrilled to be watching paint dry on the bedrooms, but at least we got the wallpaper stripped (thanks again to Ian and all those home blogs out there). The walls are pretty hideous underneath, but we're going to risk painting and see how it goes. It has been fun learning about paints -- just when I thought I was all set with Behr, Consumer Reports comes out with a whole new article about inside paint so I have to think about patrionizing the products of the Evil Box Store that Shall Not Be Named (click link for a cool site) since they were so highly rated for their paint. Hmmm. Even more alarming: there is one not far from my gym. Paint and politics may not mix, we shall see.

And just wondering, does anyone else enjoy paint chips as much as I do? I don't know what it is, but they are such fun little pieces of paper. I also had a pretty fun time on this site that lets you try out colors in a room. We humans like our pretty colors.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been known to go to the paint store and collect chips for later use in collages.

And...when you asked if people liked paint chips, I FIRST thought you meant the wall skin peels that gracefully come down as one readies a surface for painting. I love these chips too. When I was a child, one of the neighborhood outdoor activities was to "go to Riley's house and peel the paint." Riley was the old man who lived next door to us, and his house was in a state of relative disrepair, and he seemed to have no problems with the neighbor kids (there was a gang of about 14 of us who played together) heading to the East side of his home and methodically peeling the white paint off the clapboards for hours. I loved that game.