Monday, January 19, 2009

Cookies for the President


I love baked goods and I love photography, but I'm not sure I like photos on baked goods. I guess if you are having an inaugural party, these would be a fun part to have somewhere on the menu. They were at a local bakery and I just had to take a photo. I've seen these pictures on cakes before and always thought that eating someone's photo is a bit odd.
Nonetheless, it's an exciting moment in history, and I'm glad people are inspired enough to create such cookies at this time.
And happy MLK day! I love the James Taylor song, "Send a Little Light," which says,
"Let us turn our thoughts today to Martin Luther King, and recognize that there are ties between us,
all men and women,
living on this earth,
ties of hope and love,
sister and brotherhood."

No comments: