Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Culinary Pleasures of a Midwestern Christmas


Green Bean Casserole Posted by Hello

I thought I'd share with you a few of my family's specialties. The above, Green Bean Casserole, is a true classic, and a remarkably simple conglomeration of Cambbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup, canned grean beans, all topped by French's Onions. Bake and enjoy! As a kid, I always got busted for just eating the topping (sorry Grandma).

Below is another classic, rutabega. Boy did I hate this as a kid. Weirdly enough, we all seem to like it now. It's hard to believe.


Rutabega! Posted by Hello

And the last photo in the series is a photo of the beloved relish tray. I've been talking about it here for so long I had to get a photo.

It really is a treat to go home and eat home cooking. Although I like to joke about my family's not-so-fancy cooking, it all tastes great and there is nothing like it in the world.

No comments: