Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Sangria Addlement

I've been trying to think clear and interesting thoughts about art, but I fear last night's sangria is interfering with the process.

I went to Tapeo with some co-workers. A very fun restaurant. I love tasting lots of different things, so the whole tapas concept seems to have been designed just for me. Tapeo and Dali, its sister restaurant in Somerville, both make any get-together feel very festive even if you just want a drink. Service is never particularly fast, but both always are friendly, lively places.

Everyone agreed the best item that we tried was the dinner entree, Lomo de Buey a las Frutas, beef tenderloin with dried figs, apricots and prunes in a cream-brandy sauce. Whew. It was like eating beef ice cream and I mean that as a compliment. The sauce was sweet and rich and creamy, a great offset to the intense and fatty beef. Holy cow indeed.

And the food hedonism continues tonight when I go to the Taste of Cambridge Festival as well as some kind of salsa dancing contest. Well, at least I won't be drinking sangria so maybe I'll be able to think tomorrow, just in time for Shakespeare on the Common. Ah Boston. Not such a shabby place to live some weeks.

No comments: