Thursday, September 09, 2004

Documentary Delight

I'm not sure why, but I've been digging the documentaries these days. Is it just me getting interested, or is it that there are cooler options than there used to be? Or am I turning into the lefty equivalent of a Rush Limbaugh radio junkie? Oh and yeah, I did see Farenheit 911. It was interesting, although Michael Moore's method sometimes makes me squirm.

My new updated list of DVD rentals now I've seen the Fog of War:
The Trials of Henry Kissinger
The Corporation
Uncovered: The War in Iraq
Roger and Me
Darwin's Dangerous Idea I started to watch this on and was fascinated but didn't have time for the whole thing.

An oldie but goodie (1990s) I'd recommend: Manufacturing Consent: Noam Chomsky and the Media

In the non-political category:
Winged Migration
Spellbound

An oldie but goodie (ie 1990s) by the same guy who did the Fog of War: Fast Cheap and Out of Control A movie which drives you to declare, "Hairless rat moles rule!"

Let me know if you've got some other can't miss documentaries while I'm on my tear here.

No comments: