Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Snack Time: Food Quest Update


Here I am at another Food Quest Fulfilled. Posted by Hello
As promised, I made it to Zingerman's Deli in Ann Arbor, MI during a trip to Detroit for a family wedding. That's me outside, happily drinking coffee and gripping the paper sack filled with the best rugelach I've ever had. Most rugelach is crumbly and boring, but this was tender and full of nuts and insanely expensive. And you think Boston is expensive for ice cream? Here the standard for fancypants ice cream would be about $3.25. At Zingerman's, $4.50. Whew! They also had $40 containers of olive oil. It was all very intriguing, although I wasn't completely sucked in as I'd read Cook's Illustrated's tasting of boutique olive oils. So instead I dropped $7.50 on a chocolate bar with cayenne pepper. I know, I'm insane.

No comments: