Monday, August 16, 2004

Green Bean Fun!


Green beans with Pickled Red Onion and Tarragon Posted by Hello
This is a really good recipe from my new favorite cookbook, The Quick Recipe by the editors of Cooks Illustrated. Have I yet gone into my standard rhapsodies about my love for Cooks? Have they yet checked out my blog and thought, gosh, we should hire this woman to become our new site blogger?

Anyway, this particular cookbook is great because one of the most frequent complaints about CI's recipes is that they are awfully long. Not difficult, mind you, as they are great at explaining things, but they are not meant to be done quickly. But this cookbook is all about quick, but it keeps up the CI quality of the recipes. When I say quality, I mean the best. Because of their obsessive compulsive food testing, pretty much anything I've made from their cookbooks/magazines is the paramount, the creme de la creme, the absolute best version you've ever had of that piece of food. Within reason and of course various caveats, blah blah blah. But definitely worth the price.

Okay, enough product placement (no they aren't paying me). I liked this green bean salad because it was unusual but used items I had around -- red wine vinegar, onions, walnuts, olive oil. You may or may not have the tarragon on hand to top it off. Good stuff.

No comments: