Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Okay, okay but two quick things

Lately this blog has been a bit of all food, all the time so I'll move on to other pastures for a bit. But I had to mention two quick things:
  • Had a really nice meal at Lala Rokh on Beacon Hill as part of Restaurant Week. One of the nicest, most interesting meals I have had in a long time. Flavors that make you say, huh, weird, hmmm, then, yum! The duck was in this spectacular walnut sauce with pomegranates, and the dessert called paludeh, a lime and rosewater sorbet with rice noodles, was sublime.
  • Can I just mention how scarily good the chocolate mocha cookies at Rebecca's Cafe are? A co-worker just forced some on me. Enormous and full of chocolate chips and gooey like brownie batter. Sigh. If anyone has any other cookie recs, send em my way. I've been told I need to check out the chocolate cookie at C'est Bon in Harvest Square. We'll see ...
  • I lied, one more thing, OK? This Wednesday I am going to Harvest's Tasting Series. It will be fun to try and a new place, and it's a great deal. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: