I started inviting a friend who lives closeby since I had vegetables and burgers that would have to be grilled soon or they would die. And I love playing with my roomie's very groovy Weber grill, even if I bypass the fancy shmancy propane starter and just use a chimney starter. I think the food came out pretty good but I was too overwhelmed by the larger crowd to either take photos or even really come up with a yummy dessert. Sigh. So much for grilled pears and mangoes. That will have to be another evening.
- Grilled zuchini, summer squash, onions and peppers (olive oil and salt)
- Just barely enough for all grilled corn on the cob, drizzled with salt and lime (the best way)
- Free range australian burgers from Trader Joe's (pretty good but a little tough)
- Fresh salsa (farmer's market tomatoes, hooray)
- Baba ganoush -- very yummy and easy -- just throw a large eggplant on the grill, wait til it deflates like a bad tire, take out the pulp and throw in processor with 2 Tb. tahini, lime, garlic and salt. Yum! Serve with pitas.
- Popsicles of various types.